Your privacy is important to us.
Who we are
dancecaribbeancollective.org (“Service”) is owned and operated by Candace Thompson (“us”, “our”, “we”). You can engage in this Service without entering personal data.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use this website and the choices you have associated with that data. dancecaribbeancollective.org does not collect personal information when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information. Be continuing to use this website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information we collect about you and why
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect this information if and when you provide information to us using this Service. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
Here are some examples of the kinds of information you may provide to us directly:
- Identifiers and Contact Information: when you use our contact form, sign up for our mailing list, or submit an event into our shared calendar, we ask for your name, email, and/or other contact information, so that we may get in touch with you about your inquiry.
- Communications with us: If you provide us with information when you communicate with us via form, email, phone, or otherwise, we may store a copy of our communications (including any call recordings as permitted by applicable law).
How and Why We Use Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you to ask for your feedback; to attend to any of your queries you might have sent; and others. If you don’t want to hear from us, such as if you change your mind about being on our mailing list, you can opt out of marketing communications at any time. However, important updates or communications relating to any other services you might be a part of will still be sent to you.
- To provide our Services. For example, to clarify or seek more information about event details submitted; to set up workshops or other offerings as requested; and others.
- To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our Services. For example, by monitoring and analyzing how users interact with our Services so we can create new features that we think our users will enjoy and that will help them create and manage websites more efficiently or make our Services easier to use.
- To fix problems with our Services. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
We share information about you in very limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy.
- Third-party vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need the information in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like Mailchimp, our email marketing service provider; Calendarize, the app that supports our community calendar).
- Legal and regulatory requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
Aggregated or de-identified information: We may share information that has been aggregated or de-identified, so that it can no longer reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services, or share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
How long we retain your data and your rights
If you submit leave a comment, your comment its metadata are retained indefinitely. If leaving a comment using your user profile, we will also have the personal information you have already stored in your user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have submitted an event, your event details and its metadata are retained indefinitely. As mentioned above, we store any personal information needed to get in contact to provide our services or communicate with you.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you and/or erase any event details that contains personal data about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this Service may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Such embedded content may embed third-party tracking and monitor your interaction with that embedded content,including tracing your interaction with the embedded content if you have an account and are logged in to that website. If you click on the content and go to the third-party site, you will then be subject to their policies.
Users can choose to disable cookies using their web browsers. It will not affect their ability to search for, review and retrieve data on the site.
Analytics information collected from cookies are used to measure the number of visitors to the various sections of our site and identify system performance or problem areas. We also use this information to help us develop the site, analyze patterns of usage, and to make the site more useful. This information is not used for associating search terms or patterns of site navigation with individual users. No identifiable personal information is attached to this data.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact Candace Thompson-Zachary at dancecaribco [at] gmail.com.